Online Civilian Incident Reporting System
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce the Citizen Online Reporting System. The System is available to residents of Madison County as an option to report non-emergency incidents to the Madison County Sheriff’s Office. This system provides citizens a quicker way to report crimes, resulting in more efficient use of victim’s time and police resources.
NOTE: If your situation is an emergency or Involves a Firearm (a life or death situation or a crime in progress) immediately call 911.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office uses Kentucky’s Online Crime Incident Reporting System. The online citizen incident reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a draft copy of the police report for free.
Only the following crimes may be reported using civilian online incident reporting:
- Harrassing Communications
- Property Lost or Mislaid (Under $500)
- Criminal Mischief (Less than $1,000 damage)
- Fraudulent Use of a Credit Card or Debit Card (Under $500 over a six month period)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking (Under $500)
- Larceny from Auto (Under $500)
- Non-Criminal Property Damage
If you have one of these crimes to report, please confirm the following to find out if online citizen incident report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred in Madison County, Kentucky.
- There are no known suspects.
- You at least 18 years of age.
- You have a valid email address.
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered “no” to any of the questions or if your incident involves a fire arm of any kind, please contact Madison County Dispatch at 859-624-4776 to file a report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be able to print a draft copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Your report will be reviewed by an officer and given a police report case number.
- Once it is reviewed, you receive an email stating that it has been approved.
- An approved copy of the report will be available for download at buycrimes.com.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- The approval/review process takes time and it may be up to 5-7 before the final report is available for download.
Filing a false police report is a crime.