Madison County Sheriff
Patrol Services (Road Deputies) operate twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred sixty five days a year. We have thirteen full time and three part time sworn deputies for a total of sixteen assigned to this section.
The duties of this division include but not restricted to the following:
- Patrolling county roads as well as our communities observing for and deterring criminal activity.
- Investigation of traffic accidents, criminal complaints - Conduct residential and/or business checks.
- Service of court papers, such as civil summons, vacate notices, writs and levies, criminal summons, warrants, subpoena’s, warrant of possession, garnishment execution.
- Conduct vehicle inspections at locations such as owners residences, Sheriff’s Office and car lots.
- Transportation of prisoners to and from other counties and penitentiaries.
- Funeral Escorts.