The mission of the Madison County Sheriff's office is to work with other law enforcement agencies within Madison County and their efforts within the community to preserve the public peace, protect the rights of persons and property, prevent crime, and provide assistance to citizens in urgent situations. The Madison County Sheriff's office is responsible for the collection of county taxes, security of the courts, and the service of legal process and orders of the court, enforcement of federal laws, and the Kentucky Revised Statutes within the boundaries of Madison County.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office must enforce the law in a fair and impartial manner, recognizing both the statutory, and the constitutional rights of all people. I recognize that I am given a special trust and confidence by the citizens I serve. This trust and confidence is my bond to ensure that I shall behave and act according to the highest personal and professional principles.
- I shall ensure that my employees and I, in the performance of our duties, will enforce and administer the law according to the principles of the United States.
- I shall establish and enforce standards of behavior for my employees consistent with the responsibilities, duties, obligations, and functions of my office as sheriff.
- I shall adhere at all times to the standards and principles of honesty and integrity.
- I shall ensure that all employees are appropriately trained and supervised to enhance the performance of their duties so that competent and excellent service is provided by the office of sheriff.
- I shall ensure that, during my tenure, I shall not use the office of sheriff for personal gain.
- I accept and will adhere to this code of ethics, and in doing so; I also accept responsibility for encouraging others in my profession to abide by this code.
PLEASE EXCUSE OUR MESS SECTIONS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE UNDERGOING RECONSTRUCTION!
The Richmond Police Department and the Madison County Sheriff’s Office in an effort to enhance our equipment, training and support to provide better service to our community are applying for Federal funds by way of the 2019 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant. Funds requested through this grant will greatly enhance our goal of providing the best professional service to our citizens by acquiring much needed equipment and high level training in the following areas to enhance the effectiveness of law enforcement patrol efforts as well as increasing officer and public safety.
The equipment purchased through the grant funds are an investment in the infrastructure of The Richmond Police Department and the Madison County Sheriff’s Office. They will provide long-term benefits and assist in stabilizing local budgets and possibly avoid the reduction of essential services as well as increasing officer and citizen safety.
Any public comments are welcome concerning our request for federal funds. The guidelines for spending these federal funds must address crime through the provision of services and helping to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Law Enforcement Agencies in Madison County.
This announcement will serve as 30 day public notice to all governing officials as required by the grant application. Any comments, please contact Major Rodney Richardson, Richmond Police Department, 859-623-1162, Sheriff Mike Coyle, Madison County Sheriff’s Office, 859-623-1511 or Tom Webb, Grant Coordinator.
This announcement was presented July 23, 2019.